Acrosync LLC recently released and updated Acrosync, the first and only rsync client for iOS in the App Store. With Acrosync, you can easily transfer files from any computers that have rsync installed (including most mac/linux desktops) to your iOS devices and keep them in sync. No USB cable is required. No installation of server software. No need to physically access the remote computers.
Once files have been transferred, you can open them anytime and anywhere, whether or not you have a network connection, with a powerful document viewer embedded in Acrosync. If you have access to a remote server, such as those provided by most universities and companies, or a VPS or dedicated server that you own, you can use Acrosync to sync all the files on your remote home directory to your iOS devices.
- A slick and intuitive interface that offers a superior file browsing experience
- Supports numerous media and document types, such as music, photo, movie, txt, html, pdf, word, excel, powerpoint, keynote, pages, numbers, and many others
- Re-sync is extremely efficient as only new files and modified content will be transmitted, thanks to the rsync protocol
- File transfer is secured by state-of-the-art encryption algorithms
- iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later
- 1.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Acrosync 1.1 is free; it is ad-sponsored and lacks the ability to send files to other apps. The pro version, Acrosync Pro, which costs $4.99 USD, is ad-free and allows files to be sent to other apps. Promotion codes are available upon request.